Is your student interested in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Be sure to check out these monthly workshops which we are sure your child will love!
Families of BGCWC,
We currently have found live lice in our Club. We did a whole club head check of those in attendance this afternoon.
A few things we are doing to cut the cycle:
- Sending home those with live lice and notifying those with eggs.
- We are cleaning and treating our soft furniture and soft toys and will have those out of service for a few weeks to stop the cycle.
- We will do frequent head checks in the club.
How you can help:
- If you are dealing with lice in your family, please let us know and do not send your child to the club for a few day while you break the lice cycle in your house.
- Check your child daily. Many of the kids we checked say they have lice active in their schools too.
- Put long hair up and use hairspray.
- Consider non-chemical ways to fend off lice.
- Make sure your kids know to not share hats, brushes, hair clips, etc.
- Kids coats and hats may carry them and here and at school they are hung close together. Teach your child to store their hats and coats in their book bags to limit transfer.
Together we can break the cycle of lice!!
Two weeks ago, when we announced a new fee being imposed on our SMS traffic by Verizon, we had no idea what an incredible outpouring of support we would see from our 31 million educators, students, and parents. I cannot tell you how much all of us at Remind have appreciated your calls, posts, and messages.
Your voices have been heard. I’m thrilled to announce that, thanks entirely to you, we have heard from Verizon that they don’t have plans to change the fee structure applicable to Remind for SMS messaging. This means we will no longer be forced to shut off text notifications for Verizon Wireless customers using Remind. There will be no service disruptions for Verizon Wireless customers.
We know this experience has been frustrating for everyone. We’ve asked a lot from you: to publicly go to bat for us while juggling everything else you do as an educator. Thank you for your patience and support.
And finally, thank you to Verizon for making a commitment to support accessible communication for all Remind users.
Brian Grey, CEO